Fatherhood: Bugs and Slugs and Toads, Oh My!

You may also like...

16 Responses

1. OMG that toad is huge!! I don’t think I could have held it like that in my hands as I kind of have a phobia of all these things lol!! We have some frogs in our pond (little ones) which my son finds interesting – so I am sure he’d find a toad like that fascinating!

2. Amina says:

That is the biggest toad I have ever seen! I don’t think I would be able to hold it! Looks like you guys had such a blast though!

3. Nothing better than getting outside and looking for bugs and stuff! I never thought about waterproof clothing until I had to for uni haha, it is definitely a life saver!

4. That toad creeped me out a little! I have to say I love that rain jacket, I love the fact it’s bright. I find bright jackets are better for children rather than dull colours, makes them easier to put on instead of ‘I don’t want to wear that’

Tasha x

5. Deb Sharratt says:

That looks like such a brilliant place to visit.

6. Ky says:

That toad!!! I’m not sure I would have gone near it. Although nothing beats a walk in the fresh air and lovely countryside.

7. They certainly look tired out!! waterproof trousers are a must here, I don’t mind what the children get up too if they are wearing them to keep the mud off. We love bugs here and would have been excited to meet that toad x

8. My little boy would lose his proverbial if we found a toad like that I am.pants with bug hunting

9. Sounds like an amazing house, sorrounded by nature, any kidn would love that :) I used to love exploring the nature but never collected bugs, eugh haha

10. This looks like such a fun day! It’s so good that you encourage your kids to get outside no matter the weather. It looks like they thoroughly enjoyed themselves!

11. That toad is massive! Looks like a fun activity to do with the kids. My son has the same jacket from Trspass and we love it :)

12. Tanita says:

Oh My goodness that toad is huge! My two would have loved him! This is something we love to do with our kids its always nice to be outside and encourage the children to explore more. xx

13. Eva says:

Fabulous outing. My husband can’t wait to take the kids for such a fun day out. But they are too little yet. I

14. Yikes, not sure I would want to get up close to a toad but it does look like a lot of fun! We spend quite a lot of time outdoors but I’ve never really considered investing in waterproof trousers for my kids either; definitely something I need to look into!

15. Sonia says:

Looks like you had a great birthday weekend! My dream is to collect eggs and have them for breakfast! That toad looks very friendly :)

16. louisebodlex says:

It looks like you had such a good weekend. What a lovely family tradition! My son loves exploring the outside world as well.