This weekend he had the pleasure of Mark Nicholls company (Henry’s cousin). He swept in to town like a rogue tornado, fixed and improved lots of aspects of our flat, got us drunk and taught us chinese mind tricks.
Amongst the items we managed to tick off our "to do" list was:
- Re-attaching the radiator and brackets to the living room wall, thus warming it up again
- Fitting the new blinds in the living room
- Wiring up the telephone cables so we can have a phone upstairs
- Improving the TV reception
- Fitting some very nice curtains in the bedroom
- Wiring up the garage for lights and plugs
- Fixing the garage door
- Setting up a PIR unit and security light in the front porch.
- Testing our spare bedroom for guests – it passed
- Generally taught us lots of things we didn’t know!!
Thanks very much of course to Mark, and below you can see some shots of him in action! Just don’t ask about the beer-mat trick, or the chinese pencil breaking (using just paper) – not unless we’re drunk anyway!