So we finally decided that we couldn’t have the garage powered by that crappy extension cable coming from the house any more, and got the electricians in to sort out a proper power supply. Luckily, they were able to use the existing consumer unit that Mark gave us and fitted way back on Day 16, and could plumb that in to our existing electrical box of tricks in the lounge. So all that really required doing was to thread the cable from the garage under the patio (which we luckily did when we laid the slabs on day Day 571) and then through the 1st floor. However, this did then mean we had to move most of the furniture from the spare room and our bedroom, so it wasn’t as simple as we’d have hoped.
It’s all sorted now though, and they’ve hidden the cabling quite well where they could (we should really have laid it under the steps when we built them, but hey – you can’t win them all!).