Having got back from a busy Christmas all over the country, Sara decided to take some initiative and rip up the kitchen floor! Parts of it have been peeling up intermitently for a while, but after we left the fridge defrosting while we were away a lot more of it had come up. So we both got down and dirty and ripped the rest of the (disgusting) old parke flooring up – parke flooring which had been glued to the old vinyl and then glued to the floor. Needless to say it was quite hard to get off…!
Then, today we finally got round to putting up the first of three bannisters that we need (both for fire regulations and pregnant ladies!!) on the stairs – we decided to do the main stairs first (the small stairs and the front steps both need bannisters as well!) and it worked out okay, as you can see below.