Once again finding ourselves at a (rare) loose end this weekend, we decided to crack on with all the little jobs that have been gagging to get finished. These included, in no particular order:
- Sanding down and painting the lounge radiator white (as opposed to wee-yellow, which it was)
- Applying the Caulk to the skirting boards to fill in all the gaps we’d left in them!
- Putting up the very large mirror in the lounge, and a smaller (£10 Ikea bargain) mirror in our bedroom
- Painting all the wood-work in the lounge – that’s the lounge pretty much finished now!
- Filling and sanding all the walls in the hall in preparation for painting
- Choosing a colour scheme for the hallway – we eventually settled on Apple white and Willow Green…
- Attaching chicken wire to the front fence, to (hopefully) stop all the rubbish from the street from blowing in to our front ‘Garden’.
The mirror’s were particularly tough, as they’re so effing heavy that Henry had to buy a snazzy new hammer drill to get the screws in to the walls far enough to hold them up. The other excitement of the weekend was going to see Claire and Dave, who have a new puppy called Otis. All together now – Ahhhhhhhhhh…!