On a bright Sunday morning we got back to work, with the first job of the day being to apply damp-proof paint to the external walls. We decided not to go all the way up, as we were hoping to dry it in the same day so we could paint on top of it. Having done that, and sanded off all the filler, we set to work with the actual paint. First it was the cieling (white, to replace the splotchy yellow and brown it was before) and then the walls, in "Gentle Lavender" (I think). The colour is a strange one – in some light it looks blue, in some purple and others pink. Very odd, but nice anyway – heck, just having the room anything but yellow is good!
Having applied two layers of the stuff, we left it all to dry for the rest of the day. The damp proof stuff probably could have done with a little more time to dry before we painted over it, hence the patchy bits you’ll see in the photo below, but it looked fine after some touch-ups. Henry made a few gaffes by getting the wall paint on the white cieling, but it’s nothing a bit of cornicing won’t cover!